Monday, April 9, 2012

Gems of the Census

When the 1940 census came out last week, I knew I would find grandparents and great-grandparents, plus all of their siblings. I was also fortunate enough to gather a few extra clues on a great-great grandmother I was stuck on. Before, I could never find her parents but with the clues I got from the 1940 census, I found out where her parents were born, and more importantly the state where she was born. That has narrowed my search a great deal. So much so that I think I'm hot on the trail of her father... now all I have to do is find the right sources to confirm it!

I have also gathered up a list of graves that I need to visit and get pictures. I was so excited when I started making the list, but now there are 148 names in just five Indiana counties. Now it seems a little overwhelming, but I hope that I will be able to get it all done over the summer. It's a cheap--but slightly creepy--vacation plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment