Friday, September 25, 2009

Finally some progress

I was at a loss on my family genealogy for awhile. I had a ton of sources to sort through, no (free) access to some of the most needed sources, and absolutely no clue where to begin. But I have finally found the solution and it was right in front of me the whole time: just take it one person at a time. Easy enough, right?

Unfortunately, this decision didn't magically create a starting point. Instead, I had close to 1,200 names to choose from. I decided to start with the person that I have some of the most primary source for, my great-great-grandfather on my dad's side, Levi Mathew. It is so interesting how many newspaper and county sources I have for him, but I only have two known photographs of him.

I'm putting all of his information into a biography with pictures and all that good stuff. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a book, newsletter, or other type of genealogy project. If I ever get it done to my satisfaction, I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment