Sunday, June 28, 2009

We're on the road to yesteryear

Welcome to Ancestry Musings, a blog dedicated to my adventures in researching my family history. I have been researching my family for the past eight months and I have quickly fallen in love with genealogy. Although I am a writer by trade, I am looking to study genealogy and become certified in this type of research. But for now, I'm fascinated with discovering my own family.

From the research I have conducted so far, my family has roots throughout the United States and around the world. Somehow they all ended up together in Northwestern Indiana within the last century. Like any other family, they lived, laughed, loved, and suffered tragedies. Some of this can be seen in photographs; other information is provided by newspaper clippings and storied passed down through the generations. I have chosen to honor these people by knowing all I can about them and sharing their story.

And so the journey begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment